Thursday, February 12, 2009

eggplant dragons...

I pepper my daily life with streams of patterns. In creating these patterns I ease the pressure of collective existence.The more established these patterns are, the more likely I am able to escape inside my head.Once these patterns become second nature to my body, the more likely I am able to perform these tasks while my mind wanders off into my favorite place… my imagination.

I have a routine for everything I assess as useless daily collective living task.These include but are not limited to: showering and other hygienic tasks, *work-not my own personal creative work, but the kind we do to gain some sort of monetary compensation in order to sustain a certain prescribe lifestyle. I would like to add that I don’t like work. I know a lot of people don’t either. I just don’t see the point in exerting so much energy for someone else’s gain.

Since I don’t like it, I have learned to sacrifice certain useless vices in order to accommodate my lack of desire of working for other’s gains. Eating can turn into a sort of routine as well, at least the process of preparing my food for work. Cooking can be very pleasurable if I didn’t have to run out in the next 15 minutes to avoid heavy traffic.

And in comes the biggest waste of time EVER… driving. I hate driving, I hate cars, I wish I didn’t have to do it but I live in were public transportation sucks.I especially tune out of this world when I am driving. It is completely involuntary though, I just escape automatically. I know it’s kind of reckless but my body choices to tune out.

Blah blah blah… I could go on and describe the specific patterns I have established in full details, but I realize how boring that must be. All the while I’m leaping to and fro to worlds filled with eggplant dragons that need to be roasted by winged marshmallow sea bass. Or I’m devising an intricate plan on how to convert all red heart people into yellow projecting shaman.

After a while though, the escape these patterns make take a toll on me. I just want to be in my head and I don’t want to come out. Social interaction can be very difficult when you are imagining the people around you as pirates attacking you. Plus, routines get boring-so as outrageous as my imagination can be the exterior can dampen the joy of the innerverse.

It’s been 27 years and I still can’t find the balance between these worlds on mine. There will come the point when these worlds collide and the clean up won’t be as easy as it use to be. I’m going to have to pick a side.

*present job excluded...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

the dragons bring the light that keeps us alive to play with all the colors of your being and make existence the complicated divinity of endless possibilities that it is.